If you haven’t been to one of our wine tastings yet, then you’re missing out! Although I am biased as my job here at Virgin Wines is to organise all our events across the UK. As you would expect from anything Virgin, our tastings are very informal but packed full of fun.
Every year we host our flagship London wine tasting day in the capital bringing with us over 200 different wines for you to try. Our favourite wine critics are our customers and we love meeting you all and showcasing our fantastic range of boutique wines.
This year we have added a Friday evening tasting as we always sell out! Our Friday tasting will have all the winemakers and suppliers which will be there on Saturday but with a lot less people and on a much smaller scale. The tasting will be held in just the Palm Court room which was the ‘ballroom’ from the film Titanic. We find that our evening tastings are a more intimate affair where you have plenty of time to chat to Jay, the Boss, our wine buyers and our Winemakers; although it is still packed full of fun and enough wines for you to try in the 3 hours.
So what happens at a Virgin Wines wine tasting event?
1) You get to try a huge selection of our boutique wines from all over the world.
2) Our wines are laid out by wine style so you can begin to understand the various styles of wine on offer.
3) You get to meet us! Almost all of the Virgin Wines staff from IT guys through to customer services will be there to serve you wine.
4) Our wine buyers will be there and they know a thing or two about wine so make sure you test their wine knowledge!
5) Our winemakers which we have flown in from all over the world to chat to you about their wines.
6) A select few friends of ours will be there offering their brilliant products. Wine and cheese anyone?
7) You get to bring your friends and have a brilliant day out.
Head of Events
This year our London Wine tasting is taking place on Friday 12th and Saturday 13th October at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel in Aldwych (click here for a map). For more info and tickets head over to our London Wine Tasting page.